Torana TA Series ....
April 1974 - March 1975 ....
The TA Torana was a short-lived four-cylinder-only series, built as an interim between the last of the LJ's and the upcoming TX Gemini. The body sheetmetal was identical to that of the LJ four-cylinder cars and was identified by a new one-piece body-coloured plastic grille. It also featured new tail-light assemblies with bold silver-finish surround.
The model lineup consisted of two trim levels: Torana and Torana Deluxe. The base model was available only as a two-door and the Deluxe as a two- or four-door. The 1300cc OHV engine was the standard powerplant on both models, while the 1760cc OHC was optional on the Deluxe only. The Tri-matic auto was available as an option on the Deluxe only, with either engine. The Deluxe was quite well equipped for its day, with full carpeting, push-button radio, well-trimmed bucket seats, chrome wheel trim-rings and other minor additions.
The TA series was replaced by the TX Gemini in March 1975.
- Rear side blinker repeaters now deleted.
- Trimatic now featured electric kickdown.
- GTR used HQ GTS steering wheel.
- All other models used HQ Kingswood steering wheel.
- 1973 and 1974 models had orange front blinkers and parking lights integral with the headlights (same as late HQ).
- Fuel tank - 8 gallons/30 litres.
- Wheelbase (4-cylinder) - 95.8 inches/2433 mm.
- Wheelbase (4-cylinder) - 100 inches/2540 mm.
- Track (front, 4-cylinder) - 51 inches/1295 mm.
- Track (front, six-cylinder) - 51.8 inches/1316 mm.
- Track (front, GTR - 52.2 Iinches/1326 mm.
- Track (Rear 4-cylinder) - 51 inches/1295 mm.
- Track (rear, six-cylinder) - 50.8 inches/1290 mm.
- Track (rear, GTR) - 51.2 Iinches/1300 mm.
- Height - 53 inches/1346 mm.
- Width - 63 inches/1600 mm.
- Length (4-cylinder) - 162 inches/4115 mm.
- Length (6-cylinder) - 173 inches/4394 mm.
- Same as for LJ four-cylinder.
- Four-speed manual (1760cc had reverse lock-out lever).
- Tri-matic three-speed automatic.
- 4.125:1 (all except 1760cc automatic).
- 3.89:1 for 1760cc automatic.
- 1300cc two-door, 8TE11.
- Deluxe two-door, 8TF11.
- Deluxe four-door, 8TF69.
- All models, April 1974.
PRICES AT RELEASE
- 1300cc two-door, $2540.
- Deluxe four-door, $2980.
Place page header here ....
Place page name here ....
Completed forms, namely the Membership Application Form and the Nomination for a Committee Position should be emailed to the Membership Officer and the Secretary respectively.